St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital provides state-of-the-art Endoscopy Services performed by a highly skilled team of physicians and nurses. The Endoscopy Department offers important diagnostic services in a comfortable and private setting.
Elective procedures take place as scheduled, and the Endoscopy Unit is also accessible to the Emergency Department 24 hours a day for patients with gastrointestinal emergencies.
Commonly, procedures are performed with moderate IV sedation with a pre-arranged option for monitored anesthesia care.
The Endoscopy Unit provides the following types of GI diagnostics:
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD) – an examination of the upper portion of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach and the first portion of the small intestine.
- Colonoscopy – an examination of the lining of the colon to determine if there are any abnormalities.
- Sigmoidoscopy – an examination of the rectum and portion of the colon.
- Bronchoscopy – an examination of the lungs.
- PEG Tube Insertions – tubes to provide nutritionaly supplements.
- Liver Biopsy – an examination of live tissue.
To find a physician, you may utilize our online find-a-doc feature here.