Cardiac Care Continuum
Skilled staff, advanced technology and a comprehensive continuum of care. St. Mary’s Health Care System is committed to providing exceptional care for your heart.
In 2007, St. Mary’s Hospital in Athens, GA was named one of the first 25 Heart Failure Centers in the United States certified by the Joint Commission. Since then, the program has celebrated consistent annual recertifications. In 2009, St. Mary’s Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory opened with a full service cardiac catheterization team and interventional cardiologist on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to treat cardiac blockages, heart attacks and arrhythmias. Today, we remain committed to providing a full continuum of cardiac care and diagnostics. Exceptional service areas include:
Oconee Heart and Vascular Center is a full-service cardiac practice offering a complete continuum of care for the heart and blood vessels, and has a location in Greensboro, GA. To schedule an appointment at their Greensboro location, please call 706.389.3440.
Northeast Cardiology, the practice of Dr. Paul Beltran, ensures patients with the highest quality cardiac care and easy access to diagnostic and treatment resources. To schedule your appointment at their Greensboro office, please call Northeast Cardiology at 706.548.9111.
Patients suffering from emergency and long-term heart problems, including heart attack, Peripheral Artery Disease and some congenial heart defects, are treated with interventional cardiology services, including angioplasty and stenting, at St. Mary’s Hospital’s state-of-the-art Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory in Athens, GA.
St. Mary’s Hospital launched Athens’ first comprehensive electrophysiology program to provide care for persons with cardiac arrhythmias and heart failure, as well as pacemaker and defibrillator implantation and management.
St. Mary’s Heart Failure Center in Athens, GA offers experienced staff, a commitment to patient education, leading edge technology and an unmatched continuum of care to patients suffering from heart failure.
St. Mary’s offers Cardiac Rehab Phase I, II and III providing care to individuals as inpatients, upon release from the hospital and as outpatients to promote a healthy lifestyle and take steps to prevent a future cardiac event.
St. Mary’s also offers
- Emergency care for heart attack, heart failure and other cardiovascular conditions
- Nuclear medicine at St. Mary’s Hospital, 1230 Baxter Street, Athens, GA 30606 and St. Mary’s Outpatient Cardiac Diagnostic Suite, located at 2470 Daniells Bridge Road, Building 200, Athens, GA 30606
- Tilt table studies
- Intensive care and intermediate care units
- Cardiac stress testing
- Preventive care, including Wellness Center exercise and fitness, nutritional services, and Healthy Heart Living classes
- Home health/Telehealth care: St. Mary’s Health Care System brings nursing, rehabilitation, aides and more to the homes of eligible patients.
- Care Alert medical response service