St. Mary’s Good Samaritan is committed to the safety of our patients, from reducing the risk of infection to ensuring your doctor has all the information needed to prescribe the right medicine for you. Patient Safety is a growing field in modern health care, and you — as a patient or a patient’s loved one — are the most important member of the team. We urge you to help your healthcare provider by:
- Writing down information such as allergies or medical conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes
- Writing down medicines you take, including over-the-counter drugs and herbal medicines
- Asking important questions such as “Have you washed or sanitized your hands?”
- Finding out what newly prescribed medicines are for and how to take them correctly
- Asking for explanations if you don’t understand what your health care provider is telling you
For more information, check out these links:
The more you know and the more you are involved, the safer you will be.
Thank you for choosing St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital.