Volunteer at St. Mary’s Good Samaritan
St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital is honored to enjoy the support of an active and engaged hospital Auxiliary. Our Auxiliary provides numerous services to assist our patients and support our mission to be a compassionate and transforming healing presence in the greater Greene County area.
You are invited to become a member of the St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital Auxiliary. The Auxiliary was organized in 1983 and has received many awards for outstanding contributions.
We have openings for men and women who enjoy being of service to visitors in both hospital and non-hospital settings. As members of the Auxiliary, you can meet new people, make new friends and feel great about making a valuable contribution to the mission of St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital.
Volunteer Service Areas
Front Lobby Desk
- Shifts: 7:30 a.m. to Noon and Noon to 4:30 p.m.
- You are the friendly face who greets visitors and patients when they enter Good Samaritan Hospital. Volunteers will notify registration when patients arrive for tests and procedures. When needed, you will assist with flower deliveries.
- Shifts: 8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Daily operation of the gift shop. Happily assist shoppers with selections and suggestions for gifts. Restock inventory as needed.
Surgery Waiting Room
- Shifts: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Greet patients as they arrive at the Surgery Waiting Room. Alert the surgical staff that a patient has arrived.
- Assist with functions such as Love Lights that provide important funding for charity care, community health outreach, and additional services and equipment.
If you are interested in joining our Auxiliary, please contact Pam Aversa at 706.453.2570 or you may stop by the hospital and pick up an application at the front lobby desk.
Other requirements in addition to the application are:
- Pay annual dues of $15.00 and a $22.00 fee for your Auxiliary jacket
- If you were born after 1957, you are required to show evidence of two MMR vaccinations, or provide results of a titer test showing adequate levels of immunity.
- Submit to a two-step negative TB screen
- Attend an orientation session